Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The standing committees of the Council shall be appointed by the President. The membership of the committees shall be determined by the appointing officer and the committees shall be as follows:
(1) Committee on Streets;
(2) Committee on Electric Lights;
(3) Committee on Sewers and Sanitation;
(4) Committee on Town Plan Commission;
(5) Committee on Ordinances, Contracts and Franchises; and (This Committee shall consist of a majority of the Council.)
(6) Committee on Water Works and Fire Department.
(B) It shall be the duty of the Committee on Ordinances, Contracts and Franchises to report ordinances making the annual tax levies and those making annual appropriations to meet the several items of expense that are appropriately chargeable against the town. All matters relating to the raising of revenues or claims shall also be reported to this Committee.
(Prior Code, § 30.14) (Ord. 5-1957, passed - -1957; Ord. 1-1958, passed 5-7-1958)