Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The applicable provisions of this traffic code apply to the operation of snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles, except that no person shall operate a snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle as follows:
(1) On any state highway, including a limited access highway or freeway or the right-of-way thereof, except for emergency travel during such time and in such manner as the Ohio Director of Public Safety designates or except as authorized by R.C. § 4519.41(F);
(2) On any private property, or in any nursery or planting area, without the permission of the owner or other person having the right to possession of the property;
(3) On any land or waters controlled by the State, except at those locations where a sign has been posted permitting such operation;
(4) On the tracks or right-of-way of any operating railroad;
(5) During the time from sunset to sunrise, unless displaying lighted lights as required by Ohio R.C. 4519.20 or a substantially equivalent municipal ordinance.
(b) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.
(Ord. 24-19. Passed 12-2-19.)