(a)   Any firm, corporation, contractor, property owner or other person who or which engages or intends to engage in the installation or alteration of electrical services and equipment, heating, ventilating, air conditioning equipment, fuel gas piping systems and plumbing systems and equipment shall make application on a form provided by the Building Inspection Department.  In addition to such other information as may be required by that Department, any firm, corporation, contractor or other person or persons desiring a registration shall have and provide a copy of a valid Ohio License for that trade.  One such form shall be completed every year in which the applicant intends to carry on such work in the City.  Such an application may be filed on or after December 1 of the year preceding the year for which registration is being sought.  Approved applications shall expire on December 31 of the year for which registration was obtained, regardless of when the application was made during such year.
   Note: there is no individual registration for fuel gas piping. Both heating, ventilating, air conditioning and plumbing contractors are permitted to install and/or alter fuel gas piping systems.
   (b)   The owner of a single-family dwelling who performs electrical, heating, air conditioning, ventilating, fuel gas piping or plumbing work in the residence in which he or she resides or intends to reside, need not be registered. The owner shall sign an affidavit that he or she meets the residence requirements of this section.
(Ord. 20-93.  Passed 9-20-93; Ord. 15-04.  Passed 11-15-04; Ord. 16-04.  Passed 12-20-04; Ord. 14-10.  Passed 11-15-10.)