Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a mobile food vehicle within the City without first having obtained a valid mobile food vending license as prescribed in this chapter.
(b) A mobile food vehicle shall be operated or parked so as not to obstruct or impede the normal movement of traffic.
(c) A mobile food vehicle may operate in the public right-of-way provided:
(1) A mobile food vehicle shall not operate on a street designated as a thoroughfare street on the Centerville Thoroughfare Plan.
(2) A mobile food vehicle may be operated for sales purposes between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 8:30 p.m.
(3) A mobile food vehicle shall be parked or stopped with the curb-side wheels parallel with and not more than twelve inches from the curb when food items are sold, dispensed or prepared.
(4) All items shall be sold, offered for sale or dispensed only from the right hand (curb side) of a mobile food vehicle.
(5) Flashing lights shall be operated continuously at all times when a mobile food vehicle is parked or stopped so as to be clearly visible to drivers of other vehicles approaching such vehicle from the front or rear.
(6) Sound emanating from a mobile food vehicle shall be in accordance with the sound requirements contained in the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) Article 9.53.
(7) A mobile food vehicle shall not remain stationary in one location for longer than one hour while operating for sales purposes. This restriction does not prohibit a mobile food vehicle which is not open for business and operating for sales purposes from being legally parked for longer than one hour. After a mobile food vehicle has been stationary in one location and operating for sales purposes for a period of one hour, the mobile food vehicle must be moved to a location at least 100 yards from the previous location.
(d) A mobile food vehicle may operate on private property in accordance with all requirements of Chapter 1216, Unified Development Ordinance, Article 9.05 A 10, Mobile Food Vehicle Vendors.
(Ord. 8-13. Passed 7-15-13.)