Any person, including the city, who believes there is property located within the corporate limits of the city which has growing plant matter in violation of this subchapter shall make a written complaint signed, dated and filed with the City Clerk/Treasurer. If the city makes the complaint, an employee, officer or Council Member of the city shall file the complaint in all respects as set out above.