Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall be the duty of the Planning Board, in general:
(1) To make studies of the city and surrounding area;
(2) To determine objectives to be sought in the development of the study area;
(3) To prepare and adopt plans for achieving these objectives;
(4) To develop and recommend policies, ordinances, administrative procedures and other means for carrying out plans in a coordinated and efficient manner;
(5) To advise the Board of Commissioners concerning the use and amendment of means for carrying out plans;
(6) To exercise any function in the administration and enforcement of various means for carrying out plans that the Board of Commissioners may direct;
(7) To perform any other related duties that the Board of Commissioners may direct.
(B) The Planning Board may conduct such public hearings as may be required to gather information necessary for the drafting, establishment and maintenance of a comprehensive plan, zoning ordinance, subdivision regulation, or other studies the Planning Board or Board of Commissioners deems necessary.
(C) The Planning Board shall have power to promote public interest in and an understanding of its recommendations, and to that end it may publish and distribute copies of its recommendations and may employ such other means of publicity and education as it may determine.
(D) The Planning Board shall have all the powers and authority granted by G.S. Chapter 160A.
('75 Code, § 1-7-3) (Ord. passed 2-7-83; Am. Ord. 2014-001-O, passed 4-10-14)