Nothing in this Code or the ordinance adopting this Code affects the validity of any ordinance or portion of an ordinance listed below. All such ordinances are hereby recognized as continuing in full force and effect to the same extent as if set out at length herein and are on file in the town clerk's office.
(1) Annexing territory into the town, excluding territory from the town, or extending or describing the boundaries of the town.
(2) Promising or guaranteeing the payment of money for the town, or authorizing the issue of any bonds or other instruments of indebtedness.
(3) Making any appropriation or providing for a budget or budget amendment or budget transfer.
(4) Any contract, right, agreement, lease, deed or other instrument or obligation assumed by the town.
(5) Establishing positions, classifying positions, setting salaries or benefits of town officers or town employees not codified in this Code.
(6) Relating to elections or election districts.
(7) Granting any right or franchise.
(8) Adopting or amending the comprehensive plan.
(9) Accepting or naming any public park or public recreation area.
(10) Dedicating, naming, establishing, locating, relocating, opening, paving, widening, repairing or vacating, any street or public way.
(11) Establishing and prescribing the street grades of any street.
(12) Levying or imposing any special assessment.
(13) Dedicating, accepting or vacating any plat or subdivision.
(14) Levying or imposing taxes not codified in this Code.
(15) Prescribing traffic regulations for specific locations not codified in this Code.
(16) Rezoning specific property or amending the zoning map.
(17) Adopting, amending or constituting the Land Development Ordinance of the Town of Cary, North Carolina.
(18) That is temporary, although general in effect.
(19) That is special, although permanent in effect.
(20) The purpose of which has been accomplished.
(Code 1982, § 1-9)
State law reference(s)--Authority of town to omit designated classes of ordinances from Code, G.S. 160A-77.