(a) The Town Council shall appoint a Town Manager, who shall be the administrative head of the Town government, and shall be responsible for the administration of all departments. The manager shall be appointed with regard to executive and administrative abilities only and need not be a resident of the Town when appointed. The manager shall hold office at the pleasure of the Town Council and shall receive such compensation as it shall fix by ordinance.
(b) The Town Manager shall:
(1) Be the administrative head of the Town government;
(2) See that within the Town the laws of the State and the ordinances, resolutions, and regulations of the Council are faithfully executed;
(3) Attend all meetings of the Council, and recommend for adoption such measures as he shall deem expedient;
(4) Make reports to the Council from time to time upon the affairs of the Town and keep the Council fully advised of the Town's financial condition and its future financial needs.
(5) Appoint and remove all heads of departments, except those employees enumerated in Section 3.8 of this Charter, who shall be appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the Town Council.
(N.C.S.L. Ch. 2005-117, § 1(3.9))
State law reference(s)—Town manager, G.S. 160A-146 et seq.