Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Temporary and other uses, subject to approval by the Zoning Administrator, shall be as follows:
(1) Carnivals and fairs sponsored by a nonprofit organization, a volunteer fire company, or charitable, social, civic, or educational organization. Such use shall operate for a period of time not to exceed ten days per event, and shall not be held more than once in any 30-day period at the same location;
(2) Seasonal sales of items, including but not limited to Christmas trees, pumpkins, plants, flowers, or other decorative plant materials;
(3) Stands for snowballs and similar confections:
(a) The floor area of the structure shall be no greater than 150 square feet;
(b) The use shall operate only between April 1 and October 1;
(c) Applicant shall demonstrate that there is adequate parking available;
(d) Setback requirements are the same as in the underlying zoning district;
(e) Except for seating, there shall be no outside storage of materials or equipment except as approved by the Zoning Administrator;
(f) An annual zoning certificate for the use shall be obtained and approved each year by the Zoning Administrator prior to the beginning of operation and sales, based upon compliance with the requirements listed above. The zoning certificate application shall include a plot plan showing the location and dimensions of structures, parking areas, and points of access; and
(g) Notwithstanding the provisions of § 158.033, all stands shall meet the requirements of this section;
(4) Sidewalk sales;
(5) Produce stands of a seasonal nature;
(6) Temporary shelter for commercial displays, sales, and services.
(a) The uses may include all commercial displays, sales, and services permitted in the respective business and industrial zones for promotional displays or sales, seasonal activities, fireworks, truckload sales of products, sidewalk sales, and demonstration of products in a parking lot;
(b) The shelter may include a trailer or tent; and
(c) The zoning certificate shall be issued for a limited period of time as determined by the Zoning Administrator;
(7) Farmer’s market or flea market.
(a) The zoning certificate shall only be issued for 30 days for a flea market and no more than 120 days for a farmer’s market in any one calendar year;
(b) Stalls, sales tables, and any other facilities related to the farmer’s or flea market shall be located at least 25 feet from any abutting street. If located within a parking lot, the facilities shall be located so as to provide sufficient parking facilities for the patrons; and
(c) The plot plan submitted with the zoning certificate application shall show all existing improvements on the property, off street parking areas and driveways (including traffic control patterns), and the specific area (dimensioned) of the property to be occupied by the farmer’s or flea market.
(8) Dumpsters and other self-contained portable storage containers may be used in conjunction with a residential property for 60 days with up to two 60-day extensions for good cause, for no more than six months in any calendar year;
(9) Farm alcohol producer events or activities, subject to the provisions of § 158.070(E)(1)(aa)(13) and (14).
(B) The Zoning Administrator may revoke the zoning certificate for a temporary use if the use constitutes a nuisance because of noise, traffic, trash, or other cause.
(Ord. 2019-06, passed 12-12-2019) Penalty, see § 158.999