Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Included. This chapter applies to:
(1) Major residential subdivisions;
(2) Site plans for residential development; and
(3) Mobile home parks.
(B) Exemptions. This chapter does not apply to:
(1) Off conveyances, including off conveyed lots and remainders;
(2) Commercial and industrial projects;
(3) Minor residential subdivisions;
(4) Government uses of property and improvements;
(5) Amendments to plats and site plans that do not increase residential density over that already approved;
(6) Residential subdivisions on property subject to an agricultural land preservation easement; and
(7) Attached and detached accessory dwellings.
(C) Modified adequacy testing for certain projects.
(1) Provided retirement homes are located within a public water and a public sewer service area, retirement homes do not require adequacy approval as to schools but shall meet all other requirements of this chapter.
(2) Final plats and site plans for which the Planning Commission or Department of Planning issued final approval but were not recorded on or before March 5, 1998, shall meet the building permit requirements of this chapter but are not required to obtain adequacy approval in order to be eligible for building permits.
(2004 Code, § 71-3) (Ord. 161, passed 3-5-1998; Ord. 02-12, passed 8-13-2002; Ord. 04-13, passed 4-20-2004; Ord. 07-07, passed 5-17-2007; Ord. 08-01, passed 2-14-2008; Ord. 2011-02, passed 5-17-2011; Ord. 2012-02, passed 2-23-2012; Ord. 2012-02, passed 5-10-2012)