Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Storage of Vehicles. No junk or unlicensed motor vehicles shall be parked or stored on the property.
(b) Gasoline Stations and Automotive Service Stations.
(1) Fuel pumps and associated access aisles and canopies shall comply with the parking setbacks set forth in Table 1268.11.
(2) When located on a corner lot, a station shall have not less than 150 feet frontage on each of the two (2) intersecting streets.
A. The location of access drives shall be placed as far as possible from the intersection; and
B. Shall be limited to no more than one (1) access drive per street frontage.
(3) A car wash establishment may be combined with a gasoline station or automotive service station provided that the minimum lot area for the combined uses is a minimum of 50,000 square feet.
(4) Automotive service stations shall not provide services to vehicles that exceed one and one-half (1½) tons in capacity. All activities, except those required to be performed at a fuel pump, air dispenser or self-serve automobile vacuum, shall be conducted entirely within a building or garage. No inoperable vehicle shall be permitted to remain on the property, outside of a fully enclosed building, for more than forty-eight (48) hours.
(5) The only services permitted to be performed at a gasoline station shall be the dispensing of fuel, oil, air, and windshield wiper fluid.
(6) Except while being serviced at a pump island, no vehicle shall be parked between the pumps and the front property line.
(c) Automotive Service Stations and Automotive Repair Garages. No oil draining pit or visible appliance for any such purpose, other than filling caps, shall be located within ten (10) feet of any street right-of-way or within twenty-five (25) feet of any residential district, except where such appliance or pit is within a building.
(Ord. 8-13. Passed 5-14-13.)