Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Tap In On Existing Sewer Mains. Thirty days prior to a new tap in being made, the proposed user shall complete the permit application and pay the tap in fee.
(b) Location of Tap In.
(1) The location of the tap in shall be coordinated with the Village Administrator. No tap in will be permitted on to existing sewer service line.
(2) If the property to be served does not border the existing sewer line, it is the responsibility of the person requesting the tap in to obtain such easements as necessary to run the service line. The easement must be obtained prior to the tap being made and a copy filed with the Village.
(c) Village’s Responsibility. The tap in fee shall include location of the tap and inspection of tap and sewer line to building after installed.
(d) User’s Responsibility. The user shall provide the following in order to complete the tap in:
(1) Installation in accordance with the Village’s specifications, a sewer service line from the building to the existing main line provided by the Village.
(2) Excavate and tap the sewer main with a six inch tapping saddle and granular backfill around the pipe.
(3) Additional costs incurred for asphalt replacement, sidewalk, road backfill material, etc., shall be paid by the user.