Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Whenever the city finds that a violation of this chapter has occurred, the city may order compliance first by verbal notice of violation, then by written notice of violation. The written notice of violation shall contain:
(1) The name and address of the alleged violator;
(2) The address when available or a description of the building, structure, or land upon which the violation is occurring, or has occurred;
(3) A statement specifying the nature of the violation;
(4) A description of the remedial measures necessary to restore compliance with this chapter and a time schedule for the completion of such remedial action;
(5) A statement of the penalty or penalties that shall or may be assessed against the person to whom the notice of violation is directed; and
(6) A statement that the determination of violation may be appealed to the city’s Property Maintenance Codes Enforcement Board by filing a written appeal within ten days of service of the notice of violation.
(B) The notice of violation may require without limitation the following:
(1) The performance of monitoring, analyses, and reporting;
(2) The submittal of required reports and/or other documents;
(3) The elimination of illicit discharges and illegal connections;
(4) That violating discharges, practices or operations shall cease and desist;
(5) The abatement or remediation of stormwater pollution or contamination hazards and the restoration of any affected property;
(6) Payment of costs to cover administrative and abatement expenses;
(7) The implementation of pollution practices; and
(8) Other activities that serve to implement the provisions of this chapter.
(C) The permittee may request an extension to the NOV if they can prove the time allotted for remittance is not adequate.
(Ord. 14-08, passed 9-3-2014)