Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following uses are permitted in the R-1 AG District: all uses and prohibitions of an R-1 District, provided that if three acres or more, then the land may be used as small farm permitting the following uses:
(1) No livestock or poultry except horses and cattle not to exceed one head per acre;
(2) Agricultural uses including gardens for personal use but excluding any agricultural use for profit (commercial agriculture);
(3) Accessory buildings including barns and outbuildings are permitted;
(4) It will be permissible that in this zone privately maintained and owned access roads to serve the district; and
(5) Public utilities may be omitted with the consent of the public utilities, i.e., water, sewer and the like.
(B) Wineries, small farm wineries and microbreweries. See § 155.093 for specific requirements for conditional use permit approval for small farm wineries and/or microbreweries small farm wineries and/or microbreweries are not permitted in R-1 Agricultural District if in a showcase area distilleries, breweries which are not microbreweries, and wineries which are not small farm wineries are permitted in the Light Industrial (I-2) and Heavy Industrial (I-2) district, but not in the Agricultural District (R-1).
(2000 Code, App. B, § 57) (Am. Ord. 16-09, passed 11-21-2016)