Skip to code content (skip section selection)
In addition to the principal uses, each of the following uses is considered to be a customary accessory use, and as such, may be situated on the same lot with the principal use or uses to which it serves as an accessory.
(A) Uses customarily accessory to farms and other agricultural uses.
(1) Private airfields or airstrips, together with subordinate uses;
(2) Private garages;
(4) Barns, stables and other facilities for livestock;
(5) Sheds or tool rooms for the storage of equipment used in grounds or building maintenance;
(6) Storage facilities for produce;
(9) Feed lots;
(10) Facilities for hatching or butchering of fowl;
(11) Private swimming pool and bath house or cabana;
(12) Private dock or boat house; and
(13) Swimming beach.
(B) Uses customarily accessory to dwellings.
(1) Private garage not to exceed the following storage capacities:
(a) One- or two-family dwelling: four automobiles;
(b) Multi-family dwelling: two automobiles per dwelling unit; and
(c) Group dwelling: one and one-half automobiles per sleeping room.
(2) Open storage space or parking area for motor vehicles; provided that, the space does not exceed the maximum respective storage capacities listed under division (A) above; and, provided that, the space shall not be used for more than one commercial vehicle licensed as one ton or less in capacity per family residing on the premises;
(3) Shed or tool room for the storage of equipment used in grounds or building maintenance;
(4) Private kennel for no more than three dogs or three cats, four months of age or older;
(5) Private swimming pool and bath house or cabana;
(6) Private dock or boat house;
(7) Swimming beach; and
(8) Noncommercial flower, ornamental shrub or vegetable garden, greenhouse or slat house not over eight feet in height.
(C) Uses customarily accessory to church buildings.
(1) Religious education buildings;
(3) Parsonage, pastorium or parish house, together with any use accessory to a dwelling as listed under division (A) above;
(4) Off-street parking area for the use without charge of members and visitors to the church; and
(D) Uses customarily accessory to retail businesses, office uses and commercial recreation facilities.
(1) Off-street parking or storage area for customers, clients or employees;
(2) Completely enclosed building for the storage of supplies, stock or merchandise;
(3) Light manufacturing and/or repair facility incidental to the principal use; provided that, dust, odor, smoke, noise, vibration, heat or glare produced as a result of the manufacturing or repair operation is not perceptible from any boundary line of the lot on which the principal and accessory uses are located and, provided, the operation is not otherwise specifically prohibited in the district in which the principal use is located;
(4) Private airfields or airstrips, together with subordinate uses;
(5) Sheds or tool rooms for the storage of equipment used in operations or maintenance;
(6) Private swimming pools, bath houses or cabanas;
(7) Swimming beach; and
(8) Bait house.
(E) Uses customarily accessory to public uses, buildings or activities. There shall be no limitations regarding accessory uses to any use, building or activity operated within the public domain; except that, the uses, buildings or activities must be directly related and subordinate to the principal public use.
(Ord. 97-04, passed 12-19-1996)