Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Gambling manager.
(1) Each licensed organization shall appoint a single gambling manager to supervise the operation of gambling devices conducted by it. The gambling manager must be a member of the licensed organization, with dues paid for the current membership period, and must have been a member of the organization for at least two years. The gambling manager, unless the Council by action unanimously taken makes specific waiver, shall give a fidelity bond in the sum of $10,000 in favor of the organization conditioned upon faithful performance.
(2) Terms of the bond shall provide that notice shall be given in writing to the Council not less than 30 days prior to its cancellation. Each operation of a gambling device shall be conducted under the direct supervision of the gambling manager who shall be responsible for the conduct of the operation of the gambling device in compliance with all applicable laws and ordinances.
(3) No person shall act as gambling manager for more than one organization. No person under the age of 16 years shall be permitted to participate in using gambling devices unless full admission is paid and the person is in the company of a parent or guardian. A person may act as both gambling manager and bingo manager for a single organization.
(B) Records. The gambling manager shall record the gross receipts, profits, and expenses and record the prizes awarded. The gambling manager shall certify all figures recorded as accurate and correct on forms prescribed by the Clerk.
(C) Persons who may assist. Additional persons may be engaged for other duties in connection with the operation of gambling devices as needed, but no person shall assist in the operation of gambling devices who is not an active member of the licensed organization or the spouse of an active member of the licensed organization unless the assistance of other persons is regularized by the membership of the sponsoring organization’s approving resolution recorded in the official minutes of the organization.
(D) No compensation. No person shall receive compensation for any duties in connection with any operation of a gambling device.
(E) Number of incidents limited.
(1) No organization shall conduct more than 104 operations or a gambling device each year, nor two operations of a gambling device per week.
(2) The limitation on the number of bingo occasions and the maximum prizes awarded in connection therewith are as specified in M.S. § 349.17.
(F) Duration of incident. Operation of the gambling devices shall not continue for more than 12 consecutive hours.
(Prior Code Ch. 35, § 10) Penalty, see § 130.99