Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) General provisions.
(1) Requirement. No operation of gambling devices nor the conduct of bingo shall be permitted except by an eligible organization which has secured a license for that purpose as provided in this chapter.
(2) License period. A license shall be valid for one to four days as stated at time of issuance.
(3) License fee. The annual license fee shall be $0 for initial license application, and thereafter for renewals $0 per annum. The Council may, by resolution and in order to have the license year coordinated with other municipal license, pro-rate license fees.
(4) Lead time on application. A license application shall be acted upon by the Council as soon as the Council deems itself adequately informed with respect to the application but no earlier than 30 days after application is filed, nor later than 180 days after date of application
(5) Nontransferability. Gambling device licenses issued are non-transferable as to licensee and location without prior approval by the Council.
(Prior Code Ch. 35, § 7)
(B) Applications. Every application for a gambling device license shall be made through the Clerk’s office on forms supplied by the city and containing any information the Council may require.
(Prior Code Ch. 35, § 8)
(C) Suspension or revocation. The Council may suspend, for a period not exceeding 60 days, or revoke any bingo license for violation of any provision of M.S. Ch. 349 or any violation of this chapter. The licensee shall be granted a hearing upon at least ten days’ notice before revocation or suspension is ordered. The notice shall state the time and place of the hearing and the nature of the charges against the licensee.
(Prior Code Ch. 35, § 9)
Penalty, see § 130.99