Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Every person riding a bicycle upon a roadway shall be granted all rights and shall be subject to all duties applicable to the driver of a vehicle under this section, except as to those provisions which by their nature can have no application. Where the person dismounts from the bicycle, he or she shall be subject to the regulations applicable to pedestrians.
(B) (1) Every owner of a bicycle within the city shall list and register with the Police Department his or her name and address, the name of the manufacturer of his or her bicycle, its number, style and general description.
(2) He or she shall pay a registration fee of $0.25 upon the registration of a bicycle and no further license shall be required for the same bicycle.
(3) Upon the registration and payment of registration fee a suitable metallic identification tag, upon which shall be stamped a distinguishing number, shall be furnished to the owner of each bicycle when registered.
(4) The owner shall affix and keep affixed to the bicycle for which same is issued the metallic tag and shall at all reasonable times upon demand of any member of the Police Department exhibit same for the purpose of identification and as proof of ownership.
(5) Upon change of ownership, the identification tag may be transferred to the new owner and the license also transferred to him or her upon payment of a fee of $0.15. No tag shall be transferred from one bicycle to another and no person shall attach to any bicycle a tag not issued for use thereon.
(6) Upon loss of any identification tag a duplicate thereof will be issued by the Police Department upon satisfactory evidence of the loss and upon payment of a fee of $0.15.
(Prior Code, § 19.351) (Ord. 75, passed 12-9-1957)