Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Institutional and public uses may be located in any business or industrial zone.
(B) The uses are also permitted in any residential or apartment zone, provided the following requirements are complied with:
(1) Application and site plan shall be submitted to the Planning Commission;
(2) The required site plan shall show the property lines and dimensions of the tract and the proposed development, including all existing and proposed buildings and uses, as well as the location, dimensions and capacities of all areas to be used for motor vehicle parking;
(3) Sufficient additional data shall be provided as needed to enable the City Planning Commission to determine compliance with the requirements of this chapter and to determine the best possible physical layout for the proposed use from the standpoint of its relationship to the general health, safety and welfare of the city and adjoining property values;
(4) Before approving the plan or plans, the Planning Commission shall require proper guarantees that the proposed use shall not constitute a public hazard and is reasonably necessary for the convenience of the community; and
(5) Where an institutional or public use is to be occupied as a residence, nursing home, convalescent home, hospital or similar use where humans will be living or cared for, the minimum lot size required for a family in a zone shall be provided for each four humans to be accommodated.
(Ord. 161, passed 12-10-2001)