Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Installation of financing. The following installations shall be the responsibility and shall be installed or financed by the subdivider in one of the following manners hereafter specified.
(1) Streets. Gravel streets shall be provided by the subdivider according to the specifications as contained in this chapter as to width and as the grade and the like, as may be under the supervision of the city official having jurisdiction.
(2) Sanitary sewers. The subdivider shall pay to the city the sum of $80 per lot per year thereafter, this sum to be applied upon the cost of installing sanitary sewers to the subdivision.
(3) Water. The subdividers shall be responsible for installation of water mains throughout the platted subdivision, based upon the cost of the installation of six-inch water main. Where the city requires larger than a six-inch main, the subdivider shall pay only the cost of the installation of a six-inch water main and the city shall pay the additional cost over and above the installation of the six-inch main. In addition the subdivider shall pay the cost of installation of water service to the platted lots from the water mains to the curb stop, all in accordance with the specifications and under the supervision of the city officer having jurisdiction.
(4) Curb and gutter. The subdivider shall pay two-thirds of the cost of curb and gutter and the city shall pay one-third of the cost of the curb and gutter, if curb and gutter are required and made one of the conditions for approval of the final plat. Otherwise, the owners of the lots shall pay the cost the subdivider would have paid at a time as the city institutes necessary legal proceedings to construct curb and gutter.
(5) Sidewalks. Sidewalks shall be installed and financed by the subdivider or by the record holder of title at the time the city may take legal proceedings for the installation of the sidewalks at a future date.
(B) Required improvements; bond; petition. The subdivider shall install all the required improvements as above set forth prior to the final approval by the Planning Commission of the final plat in accordance with the specifications and under the supervision of the city officials having jurisdiction; or prior to final approval of the final plat by the Planning Commission, the subdivider shall post a performance bond sufficient to cover the cost as estimated by the City Engineer of the required improvements, which bond shall provide the period of time in which the improvements shall be completed; or prior to the final approval of the final plat by the Planning Commission, the subdivider shall file a petition with the City Clerk/Treasurer for the installation by the city of the required improvements at 100% special assessment to the subdivider.
(C) Agreement between the subdivider and city. The subdivider shall enter into an agreement with the city, containing a restriction upon the plat, whereby the city’s Building Inspector will not be permitted to issue a building permit for any structure upon any lot within the subdivision until the improvements as specified above have been completed, or satisfactory arrangements have been made with the city, for the completion of the improvements. These plat restrictions shall be made a part of all deeds or contracts for any lot within the subdivision.
(D) Borderline streets. If a plat dedicates half of a width of a street on a boundary line, separating two or more parcels of property, the subdivider shall enter into an agreement with the city, whereby the subdivider shall be responsible for the installation of improvements on his or her half of the street at the time the adjacent tract is developed.
(Ord. 89, passed 2-14-1966)