Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Application And Inspection Procedures:
1. An incomplete application form will not be processed until all information on the application form is provided. Completed application forms shall be submitted to the village clerk as set forth in section 3-1A-1 of this chapter.
2. An inspection by the health department is necessary for business in connection with the care and/or handling of food, the prevention of nuisances, and the spread of disease for the protection of health. The applicant must contact the health department to coordinate an inspection, if such an inspection is necessary. The village building department shall coordinate building, fire, health, electrical, and plumbing inspections, as required. If any deficiencies are found during an inspection, corrections must be made and a reinspection scheduled with the appropriate inspector. No license shall be issued until the property passes all inspections.
3. Once the village clerk receives notification that the property has passed all necessary inspections, the village clerk shall forward the application to the chairman of the licensing committee. The licensing committee shall review the application along with the inspection reports and shall issue a recommendation to the village board of trustees.
4. If the village board of trustees votes to grant the application, the village clerk shall issue the license to the applicant. If the village board of trustees votes to deny the license, such vote constitutes final action on the application and no further processing of the application shall take place. The village board of trustees may also vote to return the application to the licensing committee for further processing.
5. No business will be allowed to open or operate without a valid business license or registration.
6. When a business already operating in the village changes ownership, the new owner must apply for a new business license. When a business already operating in the village changes location or increases its square footage, the business must apply for an amended business license, including paying all increases in applicable licensing fees. If a business is changing location, the new location must submit to all inspection procedures. Business, vending, cigarette, and liquor licenses are not transferable to a new owner.
7. No license shall be issued to any person, business, or entity indebted to the village unless and until such indebtedness is paid to the village, or until the corporate authorities discharge such indebtedness in accordance with the terms and conditions fixed by the corporate authorities.
B. Submission To Inspections, Analysis:
1. Whenever inspection of the premises used for or in connection with the operation of a licensed business or occupation is required or is reasonably necessary to secure compliance with this code or other ordinances or to detect violations thereof, it shall be the duty of the licensee or the person in charge of the premises to be inspected to admit thereto for the purpose of making the inspection, any officer or employee of the village who is authorized or directed to make such an inspection at any reasonable time that admission is requested.
2. Whenever an analysis of any commodity or material is reasonably necessary to secure conformance with any provision of this code or other ordinance or to detect violations thereof, it shall be the duty of the licensee to give to any authorized officer or employee of the village requesting the same sufficient samples of such material or commodity for such analysis upon request.
3. In addition to any other penalty which may be provided, the village president may revoke the license of any licensed proprietor of any licensed business who refuses to permit any officer or employee who is authorized to make an inspection or to take such samples to make the inspection, or to take an adequate sample of such commodity, or who interferes with such officer or employee while in the performance of his duty in making such inspection. No license shall be revoked for such cause unless written demand is made upon the licensee or the person in charge of the premises in the name of the village. Any such revocation shall be consistent with the procedures set out in section 3-1-11 of this chapter. (Ord. 2003-02, 3-3-2003)