All money received on special assessments shall be held by the City Clerk/Treasurer as a special fund to be applied to the payment of the improvement for which the assessment was made, and this money shall be used for no other purpose whatever, unless to reimburse the city for money expended for any such improvement.
(Neb. RS 17-710)