Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following criteria shall be considered by the Water and Sewer Board in reviewing an application for water use. The Water and Sewer Board shall not disapprove an application for water use unless the applicant fails to comply with one or more of the following.
(1) The proposed installation shall comply with the township master water plan, this chapter, and any other applicable ordinances, state laws, or state regulations.
(2) Review of an application for water use by the Water Board shall demonstrate that the proposed water use and connection shall not jeopardize the water users already connected to the township main.
(3) The application for water use shall demonstrate that the proposed connection will be to a water main of good maintenance record, at least four inches or larger in diameter.
(4) No water use permit shall be issued relating to a connection with a water main less than four inches in diameter.
(5) No permit shall be issued upon application for water use seeking connection with a line four inches or less in diameter, or a water main of poor maintenance record, unless there is a showing by a preponderance of the evidence produced by the applicant, that unless the permit is issued the applicant shall suffer severe and undue hardship.
(B) In the event water main upgrading is required as a result of the service requested by the applicant for water use, the applicant shall be solely and fully responsible to pay in advance the complete cost of upgrading the water line which the township would be required to install to service applicant.
(Ord. 10-1997, passed 12-8-1997)