Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No person shall ignite, discharge, or use consumer fireworks within the township, except this prohibition shall not preclude any person from the ignition, discharge and use of consumer fireworks on the following days consistent with Sec. 7(2) of Public Act 256 of 2011 (M.C.L.A. § 28.457(7)(2)), as amended:
(1) December 31, until 1:00 a.m. on January 1;
(2) The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Memorial Day, until 11:45 p.m. on each of those days;
(3) June 29 to July 4, until 11:45 p.m. on each of those days;
(4) July 5, if that date is a Friday or Saturday, until 11:45 p.m;
(5) The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Labor Day, until 11:45 p.m. on each of those days.
(B) A person shall not ignite, discharge, or use consumer fireworks on public property, school property, church property, or the property of another person, without that organization’s or that person’s express permission to use those fireworks on those premises.
(Ord. 1-2020, passed 9-28-2020) Penalty, see § 96.99