No building or structure or land shall be used and no building or structure shall be hereafter erected, structurally altered or enlarged, except for the following purposes:
A. Principal permitted uses.
1. Single family, two (2) family, and multiple family dwelling subject to the dwelling unit density control. Two (2) story developments may be permitted where the second story is an integral part of the first floor unit. No separate second story dwelling unit shall be permitted.
2. Townhouses (rowhouses).
3. Accessory buildings and structures including garages or carports.
4. Private noncommercial greenhouses, horticultural collections, flower gardens, vegetable gardens, and fruit trees.
5. The following animals may be permitted: three (3) dogs or three (3) cats, or any combination thereof, not exceeding four (4) adults four (4) months-of-age or more. Other household pets which are neither farm animals, exotic or wild animals, such as domestic mice and rats, hamsters, guinea pigs, turtles, tropical fish, canaries, birds of the psittacine family, and other similar animals commonly sold in pet stores and kept as household pets, may also be kept, so long as animals are not maintained for commercial purposes, do not constitute a nuisance, are adequately provided with food, care and sanitary facilities, and do not exceed a total of six (6) animals (fish being exempt). Their offspring shall not be counted until four (4) months from birth.
6. Other animals permitted: animals not previously classified. Any animal not specifically classified within this section of the code shall be classified by the Director of Development Services as necessary, based upon a determination as to the probable negative impact of the health, safety or general welfare upon the community.
7. Home occupations that comply with the criteria set forth in Chapter 20.36..
8. Parks, playgrounds or community centers owned and operated by a government agency, including business conducted within said facility subject to approval by the City Council.
9. The renting of not more than three (3) rooms or the providing of board for not more than three (3) persons, the combination of room and board not to exceed three (3) persons.
10. Temporary tract sales offices, temporary parking compounds for contractors' equipment, and model homes, provided that each and every provision of § 20.208.020.A.10. of this title, including paragraphs a. through f., inclusive, thereof shall apply to any model home use and the model home use shall be restricted to single family dwellings and townhouses. Each single dwelling unit in a townhouse shall be considered one (1) model home for purposes of this paragraph.
11. Residential care facilities serving six (6) or fewer mentally or physically handicapped, disordered or dependent persons not requiring acute medical care.
B. Uses permitted subject to conditional use permit. The following uses are permitted subject to approval of a conditional use permit application in accordance with the provisions of § 20.408.030 of this title.
1. Churches, parsonages, convents and other buildings and structures used in connection with a religious purpose.
2. Nursery schools.
3. Schools, public and private.
4. Mobile home parks on not less than ten (10) acres of land area.
5. Keeping of household pets in excess of the specified number: household pets may be kept in excess of the number and distribution hereby permitted upon the granting of a noncommercial kennel permit pursuant to § 20.20.070 of this title.
(Ord. 425, passed 10-14-68; Am. Ord. 467, passed 7-13-70; Am. Ord. 594, passed 6-29-76; Am. Ord. 674, passed 4-3-79; Am. Ord. 841, passed 4-19-88; Am. Ord. 920, passed 5-19-92; Am. Ord. 1025, passed 7-20-99; Am. Ord. 1203, passed 2-20-18; Am. Ord. 1220, passed 3-16-21)