No building or structure or land shall be used and no building or structure shall be hereafter erected, structurally altered or enlarged, except for the following purposes:
A. Principal permitted uses.
1. Single family residential uses and any use permitted in the R-1 (Single Family Residential) Zone as specified in § 20.208.020.A. of this title and subject to all the requirements of said zone.
2. The drilling for, removal of, and storage of, oil and hydrocarbons and subject to the provisions of Chapter 8.24 of the city code.
3. Temporary tract sales offices and temporary parking compounds for contractor's equipment.
4. Agriculture uses limited to private and commercial berry, bush, field and vine crops, flower and vegetable farms, and ranches; fruit and nut tree orchards; private aviaries; and not more than twenty (20) fowl, twenty (20) rabbits and/or twenty (20) chinchillas for private use only.
5. The grazing of and ranches for horses, cattle, sheep, and goats, or other members of the equine, bovine, or ovine family on a lot or parcel of land having a minimum area of not less than eighty thousand (80,000) square feet, and provided said animals are maintained not less than one hundred (100) feet from any building utilized for human habitation.
6. a. On a lot or parcel of land having a minimum area of not less than forty thousand (40,000) square feet, one (1) horse per each member of the family living on said lot or parcel of land may be permitted for private use only; provided, however, not more than four (4) horses shall be permitted.
b. Horses and housing of same as permitted by this paragraph shall be maintained a minimum distance of not less than fifty (50) feet from any building utilized for human habitation.
c. A fence, wall or similar enclosure of a minimum height of six (6) feet above ground shall enclose an area utilized for the maintenance of horses and shall be so constructed as to prevent their escape. Gates providing access to the area of horse maintenance shall be kept locked when said area is unattended.
7. Riding and hiking trails (motor driven vehicles prohibited).
8. One (1) unlighted sign, with letters, advertising the permitted agriculture use on said lot or parcel of land provided its area shall not exceed twenty (20) square feet.
9. Residential care facilities serving six (6) or fewer mentally or physically handicapped, disordered or dependent persons not requiring acute medical care.
B. Uses permitted subject to a conditional use permit. The following uses are permitted subject to approval of a conditional use permit application in accordance with the provisions of § 20.408.030 of this title.
1. Residential Planned Unit and Cluster Developments subject to the provisions of Chapter 20.16 of this title.
2. Commercial uses permitted in the C-N (Neighborhood Commercial) Zone as specified in § 20.228.020.A. of this title and subject to the following:
a. The use is an integral part of a Residential Planned Unit Development.
b. The use is limited to a maximum area of not more than one (1) gross acre, including off-street parking areas.
c. The use is enclosed entirely within a building, except for the off-street parking area.
d. A sign advertising the commercial use shall not exceed a total of twenty (20) square feet in area and shall contain only the letters denoting the type of use, such as “grocery,” “market,” “drug store,” etc.
e. The hours of operation shall be limited to between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
3. Subject to all applicable ordinances, rules and regulations, the following agricultural uses:
a. Commercial poultry, rabbit, mink or chinchilla ranches or farms and aviaries when said uses are located on a lot or parcel of land having a minimum area of not less than forty thousand (40,000) square feet. The area where said poultry, rabbits, minks, chinchillas, birds and bees are housed and maintained shall be located not less than fifty (50) feet from any building utilized for human habitation.
b. Dairies and commercial riding and horse boarding stables when said uses are located on a lot or parcel of land having a minimum area of not less than eighty thousand (80,000) square feet and provided the horses and cattle are maintained not less than one hundred (100) feet from any building utilized for human habitation.
c. Garden nurseries.
d. Fruit and vegetable roadside stands when located on the same lot or parcel of land upon which said fruit and vegetables are grown.
4. Private recreational areas when located within a residential development intended to serve the residents of said development.
5. Churches, synagogues, parsonages, convents and other institutions, buildings and uses utilized for and in conjunction with all religious purposes.
6. Children's nursery schools.
7. Public and private schools.
8. Mobile home parks.
(Ord. 713, passed 4-21-81; Am. Ord. 760, passed 5-15-84; Am. Ord. 1203, passed 2-20-18; Am. Ord. 1220, passed 3-16-21)