A. Permitted signs.
1. One (1) illuminated on non-illuminated wall sign per parcel or lot for the purpose of identification which contains the name and/or address of the apartment development only.
2. One (1) illuminated or non-illuminated freestanding sign for each parcel or lot for the purpose of identification which contains the name and/or address of the development only. All freestanding signs, exclusive of those defined in paragraph A.4. of this section, shall be located within a landscaped area having dimensions at least one-half (½) the area of the sign. Freestanding signs shall be located at least fifteen (15) feet from the curb face.
3. One (1) non-illuminated sign, not to exceed six (6) square feet in area, pertaining only to the sale, lease or rental of the particular building, property or premises upon which such sign is displayed.
4. One (1) non-illuminated or illuminated nameplate not exceeding thirty-two (32) square inches in area for each dwelling unit, indicating the name and/or address of the occupant.
5. Apartments with frontage on more than one (1) street shall be permitted one (1) additional wall sign and/or one (1) additional freestanding sign within the allowable sign area based on the applicable lot frontage. In establishing the size of each such sign in accordance with the formula set forth in paragraph B. of this section, only the lineal frontage of the street upon which each of such sign faces shall be used in the computation, and that sign area shall be the maximum permitted on that street frontage.
B. Aggregate area of signs permitted. The maximum combined area of the signs defined in paragraphs A.1. and 2. of this section shall not exceed the following:
1. Less than one hundred (100) feet of frontage — twenty (20) square feet.
2. One hundred (100) to one hundred twenty-five (125) feet of frontage — twenty-five (25) square feet.
3. Over one hundred twenty-five (125) feet of frontage — thirty (30) square feet.
C. Permitted height. Freestanding signs shall have a maximum height of six (6) feet inclusive of supporting structures. When any freestanding sign is located within twenty (20) feet of the ultimate street right-of-way, said sign shall have a maximum height of four (4) feet.
D. Prohibited signs. All signs not expressly permitted shall be prohibited, including but not limited to:
1. Roof signs.
2. Flashing signs.
3. Animated signs.
4. Moving or rotating signs.
5. Projecting signs.
6. Portable signs.
7. “Sniping” signs.
(Ord. 425, passed 10-14-68)