A. Required. No person shall demolish any building or structure within the city unless a valid permit therefor has been obtained and is in effect as provided in this chapter.
('61 Code, § 7.51)
B. Application. Before a permit required by paragraph A. above may be issued, an application therefor must be filed with the Division of Building and Safety setting forth the following information:
1. Name, address and telephone number of the owner of the building to be demolished.
2. The address or legal description of the property upon which is situated the building intended to be demolished.
3. The name, address and telephone number of the person that will demolish the building for which permit application is made.
4. The state contractor's license number of the person described in paragraph B.3. if such person is not the same as the person described in paragraph B.1. hereof.
5. A precise description of the portion of the building to be demolished.
6. The name, address and telephone number of the person who will be in charge of and responsible for all demolition operations under the permit being applied for, including final clearance of the site.
('61 Code, § 7.52)
C. Fees and deposits. Prior to the issuance of a permit under this chapter, all fees and deposits therefor, as established by resolution of the City Council, shall be paid and made to or with the city.
D. Applicability to demolition by state, political subdivisions and governmental agencies. The provisions of this section shall not apply to the state, any political subdivisions thereof or to any govern-mental agency when demolishing a building by its own personnel.
('61 Code, § 7.54)
E. Posting. The permit required by this chapter shall be conspicuously posted in the immediate vicinity of the building being demolished.
('61 Code, § 7.55)
(Ord. 372, passed - - )