A. Skateboarding, in-line skating and/or roller skating is deemed to be a hazardous activity, and the city shall not be liable for injuries incurred by persons who participate in any such hazardous activity.
B. City skate parks are designed and maintained, and are hereby designated as, skate parks in which skateboarding, in-line skating and/or roller skating is permitted pursuant to the provisions of this section.
1. Use of any city skate park for any purpose not expressly permitted by this section is prohibited, unless such user is in possession of written permission from the Community Services Department.
2. Any person utilizing any city skate park for skateboarding, in-line skating and/or roller skating is deemed to be knowledgeable of its inherent dangers.
3. Having such knowledge, each such person is further deemed to have expressly assumed all risks of injury, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
C. Every person riding a skateboard, or utilizing in-line skates or roller skates in any city skate park, must:
1. Wear a fully-functional helmet, elbow pads, and knee pads;
2. Be supervised by an adult if under the age of fourteen (14); and
3. Comply with all posted rules and regulations.
D. The Community Services Department is authorized to establish, post and/or revise rules and regulations deemed appropriate for any city skate park. It shall be unlawful and a citable offense for any person to violate any provision of this section, or any such posted rule or regulation.
(Ord. 1109, passed 12-4-07) Penalty, see §§ 1.04.010 and 1.04.030