A. The City Traffic Engineer is hereby authorized, subject to the provisions and limitations of this chapter to place, and when required herein shall place, the following curb markings to indicate parking or standing regulations, and such curb markings shall have the meanings as herein set forth:
1. RED. No stopping, standing or parking at any time except as permitted by the California Vehicle Code, and except that a bus may stop in a red zone marked or signed as a bus zone.
2. YELLOW. No stopping, standing or parking for any purpose other than the loading or unloading of passengers or materials, provided that the loading or unloading of passengers shall not consume more than three (3) minutes nor the loading or unloading of materials more than twenty (20) minutes.
3. WHITE. No stopping, standing or parking for any purpose other than loading or unloading of passengers which shall not exceed three (3) minutes.
4. GREEN. No standing or parking for longer than the time designated by signs or markings at the location.
5. BLUE. Parking limited exclusively to vehicles of physically disabled persons as defined in Cal. Veh. Code, § 22511.5; such restrictions to be applicable at all times.
B. When the City Traffic Engineer as authorized under this chapter has caused curb markings to be placed, no person shall stop, stand or park a vehicle adjacent to any such legible curb marking in violation of any of the provisions of this section.
('61 Code, § 14.61) (Ord. 223, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 746, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 1142, passed 10-5-10)
For state law as to curb markings to indicate parking regulations, see Cal. Veh. Code, § 21458