Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Applications for a license as a merchant guard or merchant patrol, or agent or employee of a merchant guard or merchant patrol shall file an application with the office of County Judge/Executive or his designee on forms to be provided by him for that purpose and shall contain, in addition to the information required by the general licensing ordinance, the following:
(1) If an application for a license as a merchant guard or merchant patrol, a description of the nature and type of business to be conducted, the services to be offered, and the area expected to be covered in the conduct of the business; a statement as to the number of employees to be employed as agents or employees; a statement as to the number and type of vehicles to be used in the conduct of the business and a description thereof, including any radio equipment; a description of the equipment used in the maintenance of the office, other than vehicles to be used in the conduct of the business, and, any other pertinent facts required by the Judge/Executive.
(2) If an applicant for a license as an agent or an employee of a merchant guard or merchant patrol, or as a business or industrial guard, the name of the person by whom the applicant is to be employed; the address where the applicant is to be employed; the nature of the service to be rendered, the purpose of the employment, and any other pertinent facts required by the Judge/Executive in accordance to the law. In addition, the Judge/Executive shall require evidence that the applicant will be employed by a merchant guard or merchant patrol, or other employer in the event the application is approved.
(3) A statement as to whether or not the applicant has been convicted of any felony, misdemeanor, or ordinance violation (other than traffic violations); the nature of the offense, the penalty or punishment imposed, and the date and place where the penalty or punishment imposed, and the date and place where such offense occurred.
(4) A statement as to whether or not the applicant has ever had a judgment or conviction for fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation entered against him, and, if so, the details thereof.
(5) A statement as to the business of employment record of the applicant for 10 years immediately preceding the date of application.
(6) Three letters certifying to the good character and business responsibility of the applicant.
(B) All applications for licenses shall be accompanied by an application fee of $10.
(Ord. 430.2, passed 6-3-80; Am. Ord. 06-18, passed 10-17-06)