Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) An alarm user shall:
(1) Maintain the premises and the alarm system in a manner that will minimize or eliminate false alarms; and
(2) Make every reasonable effort to have a key holder respond to the alarm system’s location within 30 minutes when notified to deactivate a malfunctioning alarm system, to provide access to the premises, or to provide alternative security for the premises.
(B) An alarm user shall have their alarm company inspect and/or repair the alarm system as needed and upon being placed in “verified response” status as outlined in § 90.04 Penalties; Enforcement; Appeal.
(C) An alarm user who is having an alarm system monitored shall:
(1) Receive training from the alarm company on the proper use of the alarm system prior to the alarm user authorizing the alarm company to request the dispatch of law enforcement and insure that training is provided to all of the alarm user’s employees;
(2) Confirm with the alarm company and/or monitoring company that contract information for key holders are current;
(3) Communicate with the alarm company and/or monitoring company to assure that the alarm dispatch requests to the municipality are being provided in a manner and form determined by the Chief of Police;
(4) Communicate with the alarm company and/or monitoring company to assure that cancellations to the municipality are in a manner and form determined by the Chief of Police.
(5) Shall be adequately trained as to the proper use of the duress or holdup alarm if so equipped.
(Ord. passed 4-16-2015)