Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Regular meetings.
(1) Requests to be placed on agenda. The Town Clerk shall provide notice each month of the deadline for submission of items requested to be placed on the agenda. Such notice shall be posted on the town’s website and on the town’s principal bulletin board at least seven calendar days in advance of the deadline. A request for an item to be placed on the agenda shall include a description of the subject matter involved and an explanation of the action which is requested. When appropriate, it shall be accompanied by such materials and documents as may be needed in order to explain or understand the request. As feasible, a copy of all proposed ordinances shall be provided with a request that an ordinance be considered.
(2) Preparation of agenda. The Town Manager or his or her designee shall prepare the agenda for the meeting.
(3) Distribution of agenda. On the Friday preceding the regular meeting date, the Clerk shall provide a copy of the agenda to the Mayor and each member of the Council, as well as each town department head. In addition, a copy of the agenda shall be mailed, e-mailed, or delivered to each newspaper, wire service, radio station, and television station that has filed a written request for notice with the Clerk and to any person, in addition to the representatives of the media listed above, who has filed a written request with the Clerk. Each newspaper, wire service, radio station, and television station submitting a written request for notice must renew its request annually by January 10 of each year. Persons other than the media who request a copy shall be charged a fee of $10 per calendar year for notice other than by e-mail, for which no charge shall be made, and must renew their requests annually by January 10 of each year. A copy of the agenda shall also be posted on the town’s Web site.
(4) Additions and deletions. As its regularly-scheduled meetings, the Council may, by unanimous vote of the Council members present, add an item of business or delete an item from the meeting agenda. Unless otherwise specified by the Council, additions to the agenda shall be considered at the conclusion of all other regular business.
(5) Inspection and distribution. Copies of the agenda and attachments shall be available for public inspection as soon as they are completed. Additional copies of the agenda shall be available for the press and interested members of the public.
(B) Special and emergency meetings. The Town Manager or his or her designee shall prepare the agenda for any special or emergency meeting, including therein only such matters as have been included in the notice of the meeting. Distribution of the agenda shall be in accordance with the requirements of §§ 30.03 and 30.04.
(Ord. passed 3-20-2014; Ord. passed 4-24-2014; Ord. passed 2-19-2015; Ord. passed 6-16-2016)