Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to offer to sell or otherwise transfer ownership of any animal to another while upon public property, including but not limited to, parks, streets, alleys, sidewalks, or other public rights- of-way within the City.
B. Exceptions: The prohibitions of this section shall not apply to the following circumstances:
1. The transfer of ownership of a production animal as defined in Idaho Code title 25, chapter 35;
2. The transfer of ownership through sales conducted by a public body or public officer acting in his or her official capacity;
3. The transfer of ownership takes place at an animal show or exhibition conducted by and for persons who are regularly engaged in the practice of breeding animals for show or exhibition;
4. The transfer of ownership is conducted by an animal care and control agency, animal care facility, an animal shelter, or a non-profit rescue;
5. The transfer of custody and paperwork of previously purchased animals at the airport to facilitate the air transportation of such animals. (Ord. 20-21, 5-11-2021)