(a) ineligible. No license under this Division D shall be granted if the applicant:
(1) Is not a citizen of the United States or a resident alien, or is legally prohibited from working in the United States;
(2) Is not of good moral character and repute;
(3) Is not 18 years of age or older on the date the license application is submitted to the ;
(4) Has had a conviction of any crime that is directly related to the occupation licensed herein, as prescribed by M.S. § 364.03, subd. 2, as it may be amended from time to time, and the applicant has not shown competent evidence of sufficient rehabilitation and present fitness to perform the duties as prescribed by M.S. § 364.03, subd. 3, as it may be amended from time to time;
(5) Is not the real party in interest in the business or occupation being licensed;
(6) Knowingly misrepresented or falsified information on the license application; or
(7) Owes taxes or assessments to the state, county, school district or city that are due and delinquent.
(b) Locations ineligible. No annual license for an incidental dance shall be granted or renewed on any property on which taxes, assessments or other financial claims of the state, county, school district or city are past due, delinquent or unpaid. In the event a suit has been commenced under M.S. §§ 278.01 through 278.13, as they may be amended from time to time, questioning the amount or validity of taxes, the City Council may on application waive strict compliance with this provision; no waiver may be granted, however, for taxes or any portion thereof, which remain unpaid for a period exceeding one year after becoming due.
(c) Special event licenses. The may deny a special event license if it finds that the applicant failed to comply with this Division D during previous special events.
(1958 Code, § 136.06) (Ord. 8, passed 6-18-1953; Ord. 74-104, passed 11-18-1974, renumbered to § 136.05; Ord. 75-62, passed 12-8-1975; Ord. 76-59, passed 12-6-1976; Ord. 81-58, passed 11-23-1981; Ord. 82-38, passed 9-27-1982; deleted by Ord. 87-77, passed 10-16-1987; Ord. 91-8, passed 2-4-1991; recodified by Ord. 95-13, passed 8-7-1995; Ord. 2007-17, passed 4-9-2007)