(a) Suspension or revocation. The City Council may suspend or revoke a license or permit issued pursuant to this code for a violation of:
(1) Fraud, misrepresentation or false statement contained in a license or permit application or a renewal application;
(2) Fraud, misrepresentation or false statement made in the course of carrying on the licensed or permitted occupation or business;
(3) Any violation of this Article I or state law;
(4) A license or permit holder’s criminal conviction that is directly related to the occupation licensed or permitted as defined by M.S. § 364.03, subd. 2, as it may be amended from time to time, provided that the license or permit holder cannot show competent evidence of sufficient rehabilitation and present fitness to perform the duties of the licensed or permitted occupation as defined by M.S. § 364.03, subd. 3, as it may be amended from time to time; and
(5) Conducting the licensed or permitted business or occupation in an unlawful manner or in such a manner as to constitute a breach of the peace or to constitute a menace to the health, safety or general welfare of the community.
(b) Notice and hearing. A revocation or suspension by the City Council shall be preceded by written notice to the license or permit holder and a hearing. The notice shall give at least eight days’ notice of the time and place of the hearing and shall state the nature of the charges against the license or permit holder. The notice shall be mailed by regular mail to the license or permit holder at the most recent address listed on the license or permit application.
(Recodified by Ord. 95-13, passed 8-7-1995; amended by Ord. 2008-15, passed 5-5-2008)