The Public Works Department may in its discretion upon request in writing and good cause therefor issue a special permit in writing authorizing the applicant to move a vehicle exceeding the maximum load specified under the city code upon any street or roadway under its jurisdiction for the maintenance of which it is responsible and may prescribe the conditions of operation under which such permit is granted.
(1958 Code, § 90.03)  (Ord. 36, passed 3-9-1954)