(a)   No person, firm, corporation or business shall install, alter, extend, replace or change any plumbing, gas or drainage piping work unless such person shall first obtain a registration from the issuing authority unless such person is the bona fide owner and occupant of a residential property.
   (b)   Application.
      (1)   Each year any person who intends to perform any of the functions set forth in subsection (a) above regarding gas piping in the city shall make application for registration to the city on a form prepared by the issuing authority.
      (2)   Each form shall be accompanied by the payment of a fee in accordance with § 15.182 of this code.
      (3)   Each applicant shall furnish a copy of his or her state master plumbing license, a copy of insurance certificate and state bond.
      (4)   Bond: if the applicant does not hold a state bond, the applicant shall file with the city a surety bond in an amount not less than $2,000 to insure proper performance of work in connection with plumbing. Such bond must state that it is for plumbing installations.
(Ord. 91-39, passed 6-10-1991; Ord. 2015-40, passed 12-7-2015)