(a) The provisions of this Article VIII apply to all rented units, , units, single- , work/live dwelling units or an within -occupied dwellings, as well as to rented condominiums, townhouses and leasehold cooperative , as those terms are defined in M.S. § 273.124, subd. 6, as it may be amended from time to time; M.S. Chapters 515A and 515B, as they may be amended from time to time; state law; and this Article VIII.
(b) The provisions of this Article VIII do not apply to:
(1) -occupied homes;
(2) -occupied in a cooperative, condominium or townhouse building;
(3) occupied by a qualifying relative occupant for homestead purposes in the county;
(4) rented for up to three when the or qualifying relative occupant for homestead purposes resides in the ;
(6) Hospitals, nursing homes or other institutional beds or used for human habitation where medical or mental health treatment services or both are provided and licensed by state or federal agencies concerning the safety of the users or patients;
(7) The city jail, college student dormitories, parsonages, parish houses, nunneries, monasteries, manses and rectories; and
(8) Residential property that has been sold for contract for deed if the buyer occupies the property and the sale document used to memorialize the sale is a Minnesota uniform conveyancing blank or is recorded with the County Recorder’s office and a copy is provided to the city upon request.