An application for a license or registration shall be made on a form supplied by the and shall contain the following information:
(a) Individual applicants. If the applicant is a natural :
(1) The name, street resident address and telephone number of the applicant;
(2) Whether the applicant has ever used or has been known by a name other than the name set forth on the application, and if so, the name or names used and information concerning dates and places associated with each such name;
(3) The name of the business if it is to be conducted under a designation or name other than the name of the applicant and a copy of the certificate of commercial assumed name as required by M.S. § 333.01, as it may be amended from time to time;
(4) The home and business street addresses of the applicant for the preceding five years;
(5) The type, name and location of every business or occupation in which the applicant has been engaged during the preceding five years and the names and addresses of the applicant’s employers and partners, if any, for the preceding five years;
(6) Whether the applicant has ever been convicted of a felony, crime or violation of any ordinance other than a traffic ordinance, including cases where there has been a stay of adjudication or imposition of sentence. As to each such conviction, the applicant shall furnish the time and place where the offense constituting the conviction occurred and describe the offense for which the applicant was convicted; and
(7) The place and date of birth, and the state driver’s license number or state identification number for the applicant.
(b) Partnership applicants. If the applicant is a partnership:
(1) The names and addresses of all general and limited partners and all information concerning each general partner as required in subsection (a) above;
(2) The names of the managing partners and the interest of each partner in the or business; and
(3) A true copy of the partnership agreement and a copy of the certificate of commercial assumed name as required by M.S. § 333.01, as it may be amended from time to time.
(c) Corporate applicants. If the applicant is a corporation or other organization:
(1) The name of the corporation or business form and state in which the business is incorporated;
(2) A true copy of the certificate of incorporation. If the applicant is a foreign corporation, a certificate of authority as required by M.S. § 303.06, as it may be amended from time to time, shall be attached;
(3) The name of the managers, proprietors or other agents in charge of the business and all information concerning each as required in subsections (a)(1), (a)(2), (a)(6) and (a)(7) above; and
(4) A list of all who control or own an interest in excess of 5% in such organization or business form or who are officers of the corporation or business form and all information concerning each as required in subsections (a)(1), (a)(2), (a)(6) and (a)(7) above.
(d) All applicants. For all applicants:
(1) The location of the business premises;
(2) The location at which the applicant’s business records are maintained;
(3) A legal description of the business premises to be licensed or registered;
(4) Whether all real estate and personal property taxes that are due and payable for the premises to be licensed or registered have been paid and if not paid, the years and amounts that are unpaid;
(5) If the applicant does not own the business premises, a true and complete copy of the current, executed lease;
(6) Whether the applicant holds a current pawnbroker, or license from any governmental unit, identifying the location of all other and whether the applicant is licensed under M.S. §§ 471.924 or 325F.731 through 325F.744, as they may be amended from time to time;
(7) Whether the applicant or any individual, partner, corporate officer having an ownership interest in the business has previously had a pawnbroker, or license denied or revoked by any governmental unit, identifying that governmental unit;
(8) Whenever the application is for premises either planned or under construction or undergoing substantial alteration, the application shall be accompanied by a set of preliminary plans showing the design of the proposed premises to be licensed or registered. If the plans or design are on file with the City Building and Inspection or Planning Divisions, no additional set of plans need be submitted to the ;
(9) The applicant’s hours of operation, on-site management and parking facilities;
(10) An executed data privacy advisory and consent form authorizing the release of criminal history information from each of individuals, partners and corporate officers having an interest in the business;
(11) Such other information as the City Council or may require; and
(12) Proof of workers’ compensation insurance as required by M.S. § 176.182, as it may be amended from time to time, and the applicant’s state business tax identification number, as required by M.S. Chapter 270C, as it may be amended from time to time.
(Ord. 93-24, passed 5-10-1993; recodified by Ord. 95-13, passed 8-7-1995; added by Ord. 2007-18, passed 5-7-2007)