(a) Suspension or revocation. The City Council may revoke a license, suspend a license for up to 60 days, impose a civil penalty of up to $2,000 for each violation or impose any combination of these sanctions, issued pursuant to this Division X for any of the following reasons:
(1) Fraud, misrepresentation or false statement contained in an application or a renewal application;
(2) Fraud, misrepresentation or false statement made in the course of carrying on the licensed or registered occupation or business;
(3) Any violation of this Division X or state law;
(4) A or registrant’s criminal conviction that is directly related to the occupation or business licensed or registered as defined by M.S. § 364.03, subd. 2, as it may be amended from time to time, provided that the or registrant cannot show competent evidence of sufficient rehabilitation and present fitness to perform the duties of the licensed or registered occupation or business as defined by M.S. § 364.03, subd. 3, as it may be amended from time to time; or
(5) Conducting the licensed or registered business or occupation in an unlawful manner or in such a manner as to constitute a breach of the peace or to constitute a menace to the health, safety or general welfare of the community.
(b) Notice and hearing. A revocation or suspension by the City Council shall be preceded by written notice to the or registrant and a hearing. The notice shall give at least eight days’ notice of the time and place of the hearing and shall state the nature of the charges against the or registrant. The notice shall be mailed by regular mail to the at the most recent address listed on the application.
(Added by Ord. 93-23, passed 4-26-1993; recodified by Ord. 95-13, passed 8-7-1995; added by Ord. 97-18, passed 5-5-1997; deleted and added by Ord. 2007-18, passed 5-7-2007; amended by Ord. 2008-15, passed 5-5-2008; Ord. 2011-2, passed 1-24-2011)