(A)   (1)   Whenever the City Council or its designee has made a determination that a building or other structure in the city is an unsafe building, it shall be the duty of the City Clerk to post the property accordingly and to file a copy of such determination or resolution in the office of the County Register of Deeds to be recorded.
(Neb. RS 18-1722.01)
      (2)   The Clerk shall also serve written notice upon the owner and any occupant of the building or other structure by certified mail or personal service.
   (B)   This notice shall state that the building has been declared to be in an unsafe condition, that the dangerous condition must be removed or remedied by repairing or altering the building or by demolishing it, and that the condition must be remedied within 60 days from the date of receipt. The notice may be in the following terms:
To                                                                           (owner-occupant of premises), of the premises known and described as                    .
You are hereby notified that                                           (describe building) on the premises above mentioned has been determined to be an unsafe building and a nuisance after inspection by                 . The causes for this decision are                                                       (here insert the facts as to the dangerous condition).
You must remedy this condition or demolish the building within 60 days from the date of receipt of this notice or the city will proceed to do so. Appeal of this determination may be made to the City Council, acting as the Board of Appeals, by filing with the City Clerk within 10 days from the date of receipt of this notice a request for a hearing.
   (C)   If the person receiving the notice has not complied within 60 days from the date of receipt of the notice, or taken an appeal from the determination that a dangerous building exists within ten days from the time when this notice is served upon that person by personal service or certified mail, the Building Inspector or other designated official may, upon orders of the City Council, proceed to remedy the condition or demolish the unsafe building.