A.   Termination Of Service; Notice: The city clerk shall furnish each property owner a statement of the amount due for utility service for the preceding month or up to the time that the water meter has been read and for other charges relating to the water system and other utility service; and if any owner neglects to pay his utility bill by the due date, the utility user's account shall be delinquent. Owners shall be notified by regular mail of this delinquency and if the bill is not paid in full within ten (10) days after service of this notification on the owner, the right to utility service shall cease and terminate. A fee in such amount as established by resolution of the city council shall be charged each time an individual or entity's water services are reconnected after a disconnect due to nonpayment. (2003 Code § 9-01-21; amd. 2012 Code)
   B.   Termination Of Water Service For Reasons Other Than Nonpayment Of City Utility Bills: City water services may be terminated for the following:
      1.   Failure to comply with building permits or failure to obtain a certificate of occupancy prior to occupying a building.
      2.   Failure to comply with a minimum maintenance citation or order.
      3.   Failure to pay any fine, assessment, charge, penalty or fee to the city when it becomes due.
      4.   Any other failure to comply with a duly issued city code violation citation.
   C.   Lien Imposed: All delinquent charges or fees, as provided by this section, not paid after the final determination of the delinquent account, shall be imposed as a lien against and upon the property or premises against which such charge or fee is levied or assessed; and the city clerk shall, at the time of certifying the city taxes, certify such delinquencies together with all penalties to the county tax collector, and when so certified, the same shall be a lien upon the property. All monies collected by the city clerk under the provisions of this section shall be paid over to the city treasurer in the same manner as is required for the payment of other city monies. (2003 Code § 9-01-21)