Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Qualifying Behavior: Any person who shall conduct themselves in a violent, noisy or riotous manner, and/or who shall use profane, abusive or obscene language within the presence or hearing of children, or in any way commits a breach of the peace of another person, and/or who shall conduct themselves in a manner that endangers the health and safety of another person, and/or who conducts themselves in any other manner as is specified in this section, is guilty of a misdemeanor; and a violation of this section shall also include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Accosting other persons in any public place or in any place open to the public for the purpose of begging or soliciting alms; or
2. Occupying, lodging or sleeping in any building, structure or place, whether public or private, or any automobile, truck, railroad car or other similar vehicles or equipment without the permission of the owner or person entitled to the possession or in control thereof;
3. Using any motor vehicle, motor home, travel trailer, as a residence upon any public street (highway) and/or alleyway or upon any other premises under the ownership and/or control of a government subdivision of the state;
4. Loitering or remaining in or about school grounds or buildings, without having any reason or relationship involving custody of or responsibility for a pupil or student, school authorized functions, activities or use;
5. Wilfully fleeing or attempting to elude a peace officer after being lawfully ordered to stop by an identified peace officer.
B. Misdemeanor: Any person violating this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, subject to penalty as provided in title 1, chapter 4 of this code. (2003 Code § 6-01-10; amd. 2012 Code)