Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The permittee shall indemnify the village for and hold it harmless from all liability, damage, cost or expense arising from claims of injury to persons or damage to property occasioned by reason of any conduct undertaken pursuant to this subchapter, including libel and slander actions.
(B) The village shall notify the permittee within 15 days after the presentation of any claim or demand to the village, either by suit or otherwise made against the village on account of any negligence or contract as aforesaid on the part of the permittee. The permittee further agrees as follows:
(1) Carry worker's compensation insurance with statutory limits and employer's liability insurance with limits of no less than $100,000 which shall cover all operations to be performed by the permittee as a result of this subchapter;
(2) Carry comprehensive general liability and comprehensive automobile liability insurance with bodily injury limits of not less than $500,000 per person and $500,000 per occurrence;
(3) Provide worker's compensation, comprehensive general liability and comprehensive automobile liability insurance which shall be written by an insurance company with a capital and/or surplus of not less than $3,000,000 and the permittee agrees to furnish the village with certified copies of certificates of the insurance which shall provide that the insurance shall not be cancelled unless ten-days’ prior written notice shall first be given to the village;
(4) The permittee agrees and shall pay all reasonable expenses incurred by the village in defending itself with regard to all damages, penalties or other claims resulting from the acts of the permittee, his or her assigns, employees, agents, invitees or other persons. The expenses shall include all out of pocket expenses such as attorney fees and shall include the value of any services rendered by the Village Attorney or any other officers or employees of the village; and
(5) All insurance policies as required of the permittee hereunder shall be written by a company or companies authorized and qualified to do business in the State of Michigan.
(1992 Code, § 30.008) (Ord. 2-81, passed 9-24-1981)