Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The town is committed to maintaining an identity theft prevention policy that is current with the ever-changing crime of identity theft. To that end, the town will reassess this policy on a periodic (annual) basis to reflect changes in risks to customers or to the safety and soundness of the town from identity theft.
(B) The determination to make changes to this policy will be within the discretion of the responsible parties, identified in § 50.51, but after careful consideration of the following:
(1) The town’s past experience(s) with identity theft;
(2) Changes in methods of identity theft;
(3) Changes in methods to detect, prevent, and mitigate identity theft;
(4) Changes in the types of accounts that the town offers or maintains; and
(5) Changes in the business arrangements of the town, including service provider arrangements.
(2013 Code, § 18-67.4)