Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) It is the intent of this subchapter to recognize that there are varying degrees of hazard to potable water within the water main and water supply systems.
(2) It is also the intent to apply the principle that the degree of protection should be commensurate with the degree of hazard.
(B) Purpose. The purpose of this subchapter is:
(1) To protect public potable water supply of the town against actual or potential cross-connections, backflow, and back-siphonage by isolating with the premises or private property contamination or pollution that has occurred or may occur because of some undiscovered or unauthorized cross-connection on the premises or private property;
(2) To eliminate cross-connections, backflow, and back-siphonage or any other source of water or process water used for any purpose whatsoever this may jeopardize the safety of the public potable water supply of the town; and
(3) (a) To establish a cross-connection, backflow, and back-siphonage control program.
(b) Cross-connection, backflow, and back-siphonage control require cooperation between the town and the consumer. The responsibilities and duties of each shall be as set forth in the subchapter and other applicable regulations.
(2013 Code, § 18.65)