Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Green Roofs shall be allowed in all Commercial, Institutional and Residential districts and shall comply with the following restrictions:
(a) Extensive Green Roofs. Extensive Green Roofs are lightweight veneer systems of thin layers of drought tolerant self-seeding vegetated roof covers.
(1) Extensive Green Roofs shall not have more than six (6) inches of soil medium.
(2) All Extensive Green Roofs shall have at least a one (1) foot perimeter of vegetation-free zone around the edges of the roof and around all roof penetrations (i.e. skylights, pipes, etc).
(3) For Extensive Green Roofs with projected live loads of higher than fifteen (15) pounds per square foot, consultation with a structural engineer is a requirement.
(b) Intensive Green Roofs. Intensive Green Roofs are heavier than Extensive Green Roofs. For the purposes of this code the term means any Green Roof with soil mediums greater than six (6) inches.
(1) A consultation with a structural engineer is required for all Intensive Green Roofs. Sealed engineering plans must be submitted for City review and approval.
(2) Vegetation Height on Intensive Green Roofs shall not exceed five (5) feet over the maximum height of the zoning district.
(3) All Intensive Green Roofs shall have at least a one (1) foot perimeter of vegetation free zone around the edges of the roof and around all roof penetrations (i.e. skylights, pipes, etc).
(Ord. 29-16. Passed 11-15-16.)