Skip to code content (skip section selection)
No person shall park or store any wrecked, junked, inoperable or abandoned automobile or vehicle or parts thereof, on private or public property within the town except in a garage or other enclosure so as rot to be exposed to public view.
(A) License plate on vehicle. Any vehicle shall be deemed to be wrecked, junked, inoperable or abandoned if the vehicle does not have, attached thereto, a valid and current license plate, but the license plate shall not be the sole factor in determining the status of the vehicle.
(B) Violation notice; towing procedure.
(1) The Police Department or any member thereof, is hereby authorized to issue this written demand to the owner, occupant, agent or person in possession of the premises on which any wrecked, junked, inoperable or abandoned automobile or vehicle is kept in violation of this section, notifying the person to remove the vehicle from the premises within 10 days from the receipt of the notice.
(2) Upon failure or refusal of the person to remove the vehicle within the time specified, the Police Department shall impound the vehicle and cause it to be removed by a licensed towing agency. The owner will be charged the cost of towing plus storage charges.
(3) A summons may also be issued charging the owner, occupant, agent or person in possession of the premises on which any wrecked, junked, inoperable or abandoned automobile or vehicle with a violation of this chapter.
(1) Any person owning or having on their property, a motor vehicle parked or stored in view of the public for the purpose of being repaired may obtain a permit for that purpose from the Clerk-Treasurer at the Beverly Shores Town Hall located at 500 Broadway, Beverly Shores, Indiana, for a fee of $25, which may be amended from time to time by the Town Council and which permit shall not be renewable.
(2) The permit shall expire within 30 days of the date that the permit was issued. The permit shall be displayed on the inside front windshield on the driver's side front of the vehicle for which the permit was issued.
(Ord. 208, passed 12-19-1983) Penalty, see § 155.999