Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) General. Manufactured housing shall be permitted in the Residential District as a principal dwelling provided that a dwelling meets all requirements of this chapter as well as requirements stipulated in divisions (A)(1) through (5) below:
(1) Bears certification attesting to construction after January 1, 1981;
(2) Bears a seal attesting to compliance with the Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standard Law (Title IV 43 U.S.C. 5401 et seq.);
(3) Is affixed to a permanent foundation which is anchored below the frost line and has a crawl space of 3 feet or a basement which conforms to the Indiana Single and Two-Family Dwelling Code;
(4) Has all transportation carriages removed; and
(5) Has a minimum occupied space of 1,350 square feet not including accessory structures such as, but not limited to, patios and porches.
(B) Manufactured housing as an addition. No manufactured housing shall be permitted in the Residential District as an addition to a principal permitted dwelling.
(Ord. 208, passed 12-19-1983) Penalty, see § 155.999